· New: Visit the local craftsmen;
· New: Hike through the valley and forest with picnic;
· New: The beautiful village of Viscri - UNESCO Heritage Site;
· New: Meet the shepherds;
· Homemade food made out of bio local produce;
Count Kalnoky Guesthouses and HRH Prince of Wales Guesthouse
Transylvania’s first authentic heritage accommodation introduces you to the marvels of living history and nature itself. The art historian and ecologist guides who take care of you during the day are backed by discreet and helpful staff at the estate.
Most guesthouses date back to the 1800’s, although some of them are much older, as indicated by the presence of medieval shooting embrasures. The buildings have been carefully restored in order to preserve their original Transylvanian charm and character. The guesthouses are situated within spacious gardens, some with storks nesting on nearby rooftops.
The houses are beautifully furnished with antiques in the Transylvanian Szekler and Saxon styles. To ensure that our guests have a warm and comfortable stay, we have enhanced the original heating system of wood stoves. The bathrooms are luxuriously equipped and decorated. A sauna and a billiard room are also available for the guests to use at Miclosoara/Miklósvár. Children are very welcome and the guesthouses are suitable for all ages.
Our remote villages have poor infrastructure, therefore we cannot (and do not wish to) claim technical perfection. There may be an occasional electricity failure; however, these are normally brief and rarely affect the enjoyment of our guests. The village streets remain unpaved and pot-holed, so can become dusty in the sun and muddy after the rain. There can be no denying the rustic charm and original Transylvanian character of the villages, which offers an opportunity to step back in time.
Every location has areas where guests can meet, read or play games and also have their meals. Impressive drawing- and dining rooms with large fireplaces are to be found at Miclosoara/Miklósvár and Valea Zalanului/Zalánpatak. There are arbours with benches and tables in all gardens. Our kitchens are also open to guests, and you will often enjoy your breakfast there. Miclosoara/Miklósvár also has a billiard room within the lower houses.
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
· 5 night accommodation in Count Kalnoky Guesthouse/Miclosoara or HRH Prince of Wales Guesthouses/Valea Zalandului;
· Full board;
· Transfers from/to airport;
· All sightseeing tours and activities stated as per itinerary, including local guides;
· Service charges, local taxes and VAT;
· Traditional homemade food throughout the tour
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
· Flights to/from Cluj-Napoca, Sibiu, Targu Mures or Bucharest;
· Drinks with meals otherwise stated;
· Travel insurance;
· Anything not mentioned expressly in the tour program;
NB The above rates can be easily adapted for individuals; in this case the above prices are amended accordingly. We are at your disposal, should you have any question or require any additional information.
Copyright © 2014-2018 Dante Travel Ltd., All rights reserved.